Tuesday, January 24, 2017

An Introduction

     I want to start this blog off by telling you of the emotional journey I'm about to begin. This is a lesbian romance, so while my blogs may not all be about our relationship, it may come up. If you are not open about mental illness or LGBT rights, then please exit this blog now as I am not in the mindset to deal with hate or ignorance.
     I want to start off by explaining the nature of our relationship. For purposes of this blog, I will be referring to my lover as Jane. Jane and I met in June and from the beginning, the relationship was different. I am bisexual, so I've had relationships with women and men, but I can honestly say I have never been so attached to a person or been so attracted to anyone. We met online, and within 2 weeks we were already calling each other "babe" and making promises to see each other. We only lived an hour away at that point, so it wasn't that difficult to do. For the rest of the summer, we spent a good portion of our time together. We laughed, we talked. We would stay up on the phone until 10 in the morning. She would call as soon as she left my house and we would talk until one of us had something else to do or fell asleep. The only problem with this situation is that we aren't dating.
     We started this "thing" knowing that she wasn't ready for a relationship. I respected that because I would be leaving for college soon and wasn't sure what that would mean for us. I was okay with it because waiting for her was worth it--is worth it. Even though we didn't get to see each other as often when I left for school (we went from the weekend I left for school at the end of August to Halloween weekend without seeing each other), everything was going perfectly fine. Up until Mid-October when her ex came back to reconcile things. An ex who we'll call Willow. At first I thought it was good, because they had ended on bad terms and needed to clear the air. But then I started getting worried about what Willow was doing to Jane. Jane started getting progressively more depressed and pulling away from me. I knew she had depression and that Willow was a major trigger, so I warned her that it may be best to stay away. Instead though, they became sort of close friends. I'm not one of those people who thinks you can't be friends with an ex. But I am one of those people who has never been wrong about people liking other people (unless it comes to myself).
    It is now January 24, 2017, and Jane and I have been "talking" since June. I feel as if this is enough background to begin with. If needed, I'll explain more as my journals arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment